Reflection is crucial to how you end and begin your year, unlocking your purpose, building your mindset, and effectively handling transformation in your life. This was a key in helping me heal from depression and suicidal thoughts. Set aside time this month to do so and your 2019 will start on a good wave. Here are 6 reasons why you should reflect:
1) Gives meaning to the experience: How did I do? How is the community served by this? How is this part of a larger effort?
2) Relieves tension and provides re-energizing and renewal (especially important when circumstances are
3) Creates a sense of accomplishment that is crucial, especially where there are limited external rewards
4) Develops a “spirit” of service and civic-mindedness into a way of life.
5) Improves ethics of service: As individuals examine the effects of their behavior, they discover ways to improve the quality and quantity of their service.
6) Can create a sense of closure, especially important after a long service period, project, or emotional experience.